Here at dontperish.com we do not go to, promote or suggest that people who call themselves followers of Jesus Christ be involved in the entertainment industry, contemporary music, movies or spiritual books. We are called to live holy and separated from the fallen worlds ways and not to be of it for our pleasure. It is not consistent with a holy or biblical life of a God fearing person. Please go here to read a article on biblical music. Click here
* The following info is based on facts as we compare them to God's Word through our own study and research as well as personal experiences, and observations. It is done in truth and in Christian love as a Proverbs 9:8 rebuke, teaching and learning moment for us all. Only those who would foolishly dislike a biblical rebuke will be offended by it. This is posted to glorify God, lift up the Lord the Jesus Christ, to help others out of man's traditions and expose the errors of modern religious leaders so they will come to repentance, leave man's false ways and begin to proclaim ALL biblical truth!
Note; If any of this info is incorrect please contact me and it will be removed and adjusted.
There is a "so called" contemporary Christian band called Jesus Culture that we want to make you aware of and lovingly warn you about. Do not let their name fool you. It has gained a large following and many youth are being swept up in its false unbiblical ways. We cannot recommend them for the following reasons:
1) Jesus Culture is a band that uses ungodly, unbiblical emotional music to woo others into false feelings of spirituality. It is based out of and from/spawned by the very unbiblical and dangerous NAR body of Bill Johnson in Redding California. At this body, they seek after false signs and wonders while they leave biblical truth far behind. They believe in Apostles today and getting new revelation from God. They also claim to have God's glory cloud in their building, heavens gold dust falls on them as well? Often they have many young people under strange spiritual manifestations like being slain in the spirit, convulsing bodies with yelling and screaming while under some kind of occult trance ways. This is the atmosphere Jesus Culture was born into and it is a great danger! Also their body does not model or follow the true New Testament church model but mans seeker modern ways. Click here to see more issues they are lacking in and to test your own faith and your body with a 10 point biblical test
2) The leader of Jesus Culture is into emotional feeling based salvation and he talks about feeling "God's warmth all over his body" in a spiritual experience he had as a young boy. They believe Jesus was born again and so they follow a FALSE Christ! None of that is of God at all nor taught in the holy Word! They do not proclaim a biblical gospel, they do not call people to holy/obedient lives nor do they themselves live true biblical lives as people who claim Christ. They are deceivers caught up in using instrumental emotional music, lights, hype and feelings based concerts with relevant messages to fool many young people to follow their false unbiblical ways. They do not lead people into biblical truth that leads to the narrow road of eternal life in Christ alone.
3) Kim Walker who is involved with the band claims to actually have visitation's from God and Jesus herself. In one encounter God is watching her like she is a music box and as He opens it up to hear her singing, He gets all happy and dances around. This is very sad as she has no clue who our Holy Holy Holy God really is and perhaps this is just a demon visiting her?
4) At their concerts there are videos out on the internet showing many youth in the lobby screaming, convulsing and acting all crazy like they are on drugs. Jesus Culture claims this is the Holy Spirit of God but it is a lie. It is the same things that happen in pagan hindu circles and it is demonic, NOT of God at all! This band is linked to and plays for many very dangerous spiritual people who are not in line with biblical truth either. When tested to God's Holy Word (1 Thessalonians 5:21) they fail on many counts so they cannot be considered as a godly group of people to be trusted. They must be rebuked and rejected as in great error then be avoided completely. (Romans 16:17)
Please reject this type of error filled music and get back to what God has ordained for His true bride. (Click HERE to read about 'so called' contemporary Christian music). This article describes (just singing biblical songs from the heart) for your education in the Holy Word of God what is biblical and true. Many people are being swept away via mans traditions and fleshly emotion, do not be one of them!
Jesus warned in Matthew 24 that many false teachers would rise up in the last days.
The book of 2 Timothy chapter 4 warns of those with itchy ears who leave the truth and follow fables. We see this happening in the man made religious systems today, including the area of today's so called Christian music.
This religious band called Jesus Culture that is very very popular today. They are part of the New Apostolic Reformation movement and they were formed at Bill Johnson's NAR body called Bethel in Redding California. See them tested here:
https://bewareoffalse-unbiblicalteachers.blogspot.com/2017/10/bill-johnson-bethel-redding-california.htmlThis band believes in all kinds of signs, wonders, new revelation from God, spiritual manifestations and the imparting of strange powers that are not of God. There are MANY other very unbiblical aspects of this groups beliefs and practices. Among them are the following:
*a false gospel that cannot save
*a focus on man manipulated non stop prayer
*man centered religion that leaves God's Word
*pray on young people
*seek signs and wonders rather than faith
*man made religious system of worship
*present day prophets and revelation from God
*pure emotion & music based
*belief in spiritual manifestations
*worldly/carnal disobedient lifestyles
Because they come from a very dangerous body like Bethel, perhaps you would like to test them and yourself to God's Word; to go this 10 point biblical test for eternal truth:
Millions are being fooled by these false NAR groups and this band that is packing stadiums and wooing the youth with their emotional unbiblical music. Please do not be one of them! Study God's Word and cling to His truth lest you also be deceived.
God's Holy Word says His people are to.... Test everything