Zac Poonen is a wicked ecumenical Roman Catholic approving false teacher! See it proved below with his own words.....
We learned about Zac Poonen (in India) from someone who contacted us so we did some research and the result was troubling and confusing. While Zac at times seems to preach solid truth; many other times he is far off and very unbiblical. We have documented those areas below to warn you right from his own website. We love them all and pray they repent but; we could NOT recommend or unite to him for these reasons:
Update: July 2021
To further prove Zac is a total ecumenical heretic in his home, his wife in this video says positive things about another false roman catholic named Madame Guyon:
* He preaches belief in Christ, repentance and being born again but he does not include holiness and obedience along with enduring. He does preach in other areas about holiness and enduring but not always in his gospel presentation which is misleading. He teaches a sinners prayer and then tells them they will be saved for all of eternity. ( this sounds very calvinistic but Zac says he is not that? ) He does explain that they need to be sincere but; they will sincerely believe they are saved for all of eternity not having endured to the end and that is unbiblical.
* He says you don't need the Holy Spirit in order to go to heaven and this is a strange doctrine.
* He uses the term baptized 'in / of' the Holy Spirit. That's not in scripture but what is in scripture is baptized 'with' the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5, 11:16)
* On one hand Zac teaches holiness / and against some sins but yet promotes others worldly things such as music, sports, entertainment and TV programs.
* He promotes unbiblical heretical teachers like D.L. Moody, Charles Finney, John Wesley and William Booth. ( these men all kept various unbiblial man made ways and heresies ) Apostle Paul said we should be fully united in one mind all speaking the same things. 1 Cor 1;10 / Zac ignores that verse and chooses compromise / unity.
* He teaches that Christ-mass and Easter are not biblical but he teaches that they are 'non-central' matters and gives Romans 14 liberty to people who want to practice the pagan traditions. ( Roman 14 is about food and holy OT holidays NOT pagan holidays ) The Word of God says do not do as pagans do! Jeremiah 10 / 2 Cor 6
* See here where he's soft on pagan Halloween also allowing people to choose it and follow their conscience vs God's warnings and Word on doing evil ways. Eph 5
* Zac is feminized in that he does not teach women how to biblically dress, head cover, not wear makeup or jewelry (1 Peter 3, 1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 11)
* He wrongfully says that we are not to judge people who are disobedient. We are to judge the fruit of believers and act accordingly if they don't repent per 1 Corinthians 5 judging the body, 2 Thess 3 not to eat with those who are disobedient, Titus 3:10 rejecting heretics, Romans 16:17 avoiding those who are in sin/false doctrine.
* He paints a picture of how God will use women today like He did in the Old Testament but that goes against 1 Timothy 2, 1 Corinthians 14, Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3). God's Word does not lie.
* Here he talks about using your own discretion when it comes to sin and if you would do it with or offer it to Jesus then go ahead and do it. We have heard it with our own ears, people saying that Jesus would partake of such things. This is carnal, fleshly and heresy! We are to use the Word to guide us not our own minds and ways. 2 Tim 2;15
Matthew 4:4 says we live by EVERY word of the mouth of God so all the instructions for the new testament believer are for today. Jesus tells the Pharisee's they would be wise to keep.. all ..the law!
* Here he says, in reference to casting out demons, that it's one of the main ministries we have as new covenant servants. He has many stories of how he cast out demons by whispering in tongues.
The word of Go teaches no such thing....
* Here he says every servant of God must know how to deliver those who are possessed by demons. That is NOT taught in scripture.....
* Zac claims that you NEED to be in a church body. So much for those who don't have any true believers around them. According to Zac the only way you can have power to continue following the Lord is with others. 1 John 2:27 says you need no man and 2 Timothy 3 says the Word of God is sufficient. Yes, believers would naturally come together if they are by one another but the power of God is sufficient for the believers who are alone in their area.
* Along with 'needing' to be in a body, Zac says you are to fully submit to the elder and by his example the elder is telling everyone when to meet, what time sing whatever songs he picks, stand up, sit down etc. Zac has a mindset of an elder ruling in a 'worship service' type setting of which is not in the bible. Jesus said NOT to Lord over others in Matt 20 / He elsewhere says that if you disagree that you are to approach the elders and if they don't agree you are to leave and not cause a disturbance in the body. Essentially that means if you see sin in the body and the elders don't, you are to leave with blood on your hands by not warning the body of believers under those elders.
* They have a church in India, a branch in California and on their website they call Zac and 'apostle' and is over many churches.
Here he talks about those who have an 'apostolic' ministry.
There are NO apostle's today!
* He's got a dangerous teaching that there are 2 separate operations of the Holy Spirit. You need to be 'filled with' the Holy Spirit for your personal life but you need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit to be in ministry. That is not found in the Word!
In closing, for some reason people think Zac is closer to truth than other groups but we don't see that at all. He has many common false teachings and some new false ones that will lead many down the wide road to deception and hell.
He once wrote a long teaching on how believers should humbly receive correction, we pray he receives this correction and repents of his ways.
Note: We have emailed this to him and will post here when and if he replies and I will answer him back. As shown there are various areas Zac needs to repent of as he is teaching false ways and sin.
Please go to our teaching blog where there are many biblical articles that back up the topics we have called Zac out on here.
Let us know how we can help you in the faith and see our biblical info/resources below to edify you.